Submission deadline extended until 23rd February 2015!
About the Prize
The European Charlemagne Youth Prize" aims to encourage the development of European consciousness among young people, as well as their participation in European integration projects.
The Prize is awarded to projects undertaken by young people which foster understanding, promote the development of a shared sense of European identity, and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
"The European Charlemagne Youth Prize" is awarded jointly and annually by the European Parliament and the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
The prize for the best project is €5000, the second, €3000 and the third, €2000. As part of the prize, the three final laureates will be invited to visit the European Parliament (in Brussels or in Strasbourg). Also, the representatives of all the 28 national projects selected will be invited to a four-day trip in Aachen, Germany.
The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representative of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
Guidelines for filling in the Application Form
- Fill in the personal details for an individual or a group. Add or remove names if necessary.
- Important! Each group or individual must fill in their own form. Forms filled in by other people (e.g. teachers, people older than 30 years, etc) will not be accepted. Download the ´´Declaration by the Applicant´´ Form (Declaration on EU Funding), fill it in, sign it, and upload it as an attachment.
- For project details, please note that you will need to upload your full description as an attachment.
- Important! If you attach your project as a pdf, please also include a Word file of the same document. If necessary, attach more than one file. Supported formats are: doc(x), pdf, xls(x), ppt, odt, txt, jpg, gif.
- If possible, please submit your project in one language only.
- Please do not forget to submit a summary of your project in English (EN), French (FR) or German (DE).Important! The summary should be short but exhaustive, covering the main aspects of your project. Often, the summary is the first element the jury observes when evaluating the project.
- Please note that in the case of group and multinational projects, the project can only be submitted in one country.
- After you have filled in all required information, click on the SUBMIT button and wait for the confirmation message. Afterwards you may print a copy of the application for your records.
- Please make sure you delete the browsing history in your browser before submitting your application. Should you encounter any difficulty, please send us a screen shot of the error message by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org